Monday, March 12, 2012

How Focused Are You on Your Personal Brand?


I gave a presentation on Saturday at University of Waterloo’s Fusion conference, a gathering of 120 really bright first and second year business and science students. I was a last minute stand-in for @michaellitt of  Vidyard, who was called away to speak at SXSW in California (way to go Michael).  I chose to speak on the topic of personal branding, which has become an incredibly vital ingredient for any individual seeking to build a career for entrepreneurs who are seeking to build a business.  It still surprises me a bit when I receive push back around the use of LinkedIn (why? I’m not looking for a job) or Twitter (I just don’t get it). Both are essential tools for building brand & for achieving strong natural search engine optimization for your name.  Have you googled yourself lately?  Pays to see what others are seeing. 

No comments: